When you want to give a gift of your appreciation, it’s hard to beat lucite badge embedments and Lucite gift embedments as the most appreciated presents in the business world and with your friends and family. They are beautiful, durable, and can be personalized exactly how you would like them. The process of ordering an embedment through an online company or getting a local shop to do it for you can be confusing at first, but once you get the hang of it, it’s not hard at all. Here are some tips on ordering your Lucite badge embedments from beginning to end.
What You Need
You’ll need: a sheet of lucite, a clean sheet of paper, an X-acto knife, and a ruler. Trace your badge onto the paper. Cut out the shape using an X-acto knife and ruler. Place the piece of lucite on top of the badge and trace it with pencil. Carefully cut around the outline with an X-acto knife. Lightly sand any rough edges or sharp points from your embedment with 400 grit sandpaper before you place it in contact cement (this will prevent breakage). Apply contact cement to both surfaces and allow it to dry for about 30 seconds before pressing them together for about 30 seconds. Allow glue to fully dry for 24 hours before handling or wearing your embedment
- Design your badge.
- Measure the size of your badge and cut a piece of acrylic to that size.
- Use a white-out pen or pencil to draw the shape of your badge onto the acrylic and remove it from the paper backing.
- Place an adhesive pad on one side of your badge, add glue where needed, attach the adhesive pad to the backside of the clear acrylic and press firmly for 15 seconds until all bubbles are removed from under the clear acrylic’s surface.
Lucite badge embedments are a great way to personalize your clothing, shoes, or any other type of apparel. They can also be used for jewelry, belt buckles, and other accessories. If you would like a custom-made piece of jewelry with something specific on it, then Lucite gift embedments is the right material for you. In order to make your own lucite badge embedments and turn them into something you’ll love, here are the steps that you need to take 1) Find a design that you want to replicate in your lucent project;
2) Download the file;
3) upload it onto the website;
4) choose the size that you want in inches;
5) Select how many copies of this particular design you want made;
6) Add it to cart and checkout.